Happy belated National Dog day!🐶Did you do anything special to celebrate? Let me know in the comments below, I’d love to hear!😁I decided to make some yummy treats for me and my sister since we ran out of apple & cheddar biscuits really quick *licks leftover crumb off keyboard.* We, and by we, I mean me, also celebrated by splashing around in the paddling pool and then woofed down a scrumptious salmon dinner. Peanuts stole my salmon skin though… I’ll get her back for that.😡
My apple & cheddar biscuits were so divine I wanted to include cheese in another one of my bakes. Well, I should also say that Peanuts had a say too. I found a note (covered with cheese crumbs) on my next recipe saying: ‘must include cheese’. So here we are: Biccy’s Chicken & Cheddar Bites!😋
I also added mint to this recipe because Peanuts has fishy breath and I can’t take it anymore. Oh, and before I forget, I also personalised them to make them extra special as a gift for my friends Tigger, Lally & Bo. I was so happy that Bo ate them too, he’s a rescue dog and extremely wary of being given food (he normally won’t eat it)! Success!😊
I hope you enjoy these bites as much as we did!🤩
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total cooking time: 35 minutes
Makes 32 bites
1 & 1/2 cups (210g) whole-wheat flour
½ cup (50g) rolled oats
1 tbsp of roughly chopped, fresh mint
1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
¼ cup (60ml) water
1 large egg
½ cup (50g) cheddar cheese (grated)
1 cup (220g) cooked & shedded chicken breast
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C (392°F) and line a baking tray with baking/parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, water and egg until combined. Mix in the cheddar cheese and chicken.
3. Add the oats and gradually mix in the flour until you have a dough. If the dough is too sticky, add a little more flour.
4. Place the dough on a floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to 1cm thick.
5. With a cookie cutter of your choice, cut out the dough into shapes and place on baking tray.
6. Bake at 200°C (392°F) for 20 minutes until golden brown on top. Flip the biscuits half way through for an even bake.
7. Cool completely on a wire rack and serve to your pup!
8. Keep in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.